Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Simple Soup

Over the weekend I decided to make a soup recipe I saw on tv, and boy, was it easy and oh, so yummy!

Tomato Soup
Heat 2 cans tomato soup (add water). Add a spoonful or so of diced green chiles from a can. Squeeze half a limes worth of juice. Add a dash of black pepper and a pinch of salt to taste. Garnish the bowl of soup with a lime wedge.

The green chiles added just the right amount of spice, while the lime added a peppy tang! So good!

Garlic Bread
I served the soup with fresh garlic bread that I made by slicing a baguette of french bread and brushing olive oil on each side of the pieces of bread. Sprinkle a bit of salt. Bake for 10 minutes. I turned each piece over after five minutes. Next, rub a garlic clove over the bread, which is rough enough to scratch the garlic, causing it to spread subtly but nicely over the bread. I much prefer this to garlic bread spreads!

No comments: