Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Guggenheim Museum


On my lunch break today, my coworker Toni and I went to check out the Modern Masters Exhibit at the Guggenheim Las Vegas. What a treat! I can't believe it took me this long to go!

"This exhibition presents 37 treasured masterpieces from the collection of the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, that chart modern artists’ experimental interpretations of the academic themes of portraiture, landscape, still life, and genre. The juxtaposition of works on the same theme by artists associated with Impressionism, Post-Impressionism, Cubism, Expressionism, and Surrealism invites consideration of the evolution of style during this dynamic period in art history as well as the timelessness of these subjects."

{{photo of Pablo Picasso's, Pitcher and Bowl of Fruit, 1931. Oil on canvas, 130.8 x 162.6 cm.))

No comments: