Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!


Buddha, originally uploaded by sfraz71.

Wow! What a year this has been! The past month has made me feel much more hopeful about 2008. It's going to be a great year, I just know it!

A few highlights of 2007:

I endured a living hell for about a year until I finally made the move to something much better...a new job with creative, talented, professional and FUNNY people! I am going to grow and learn so much without having to fight for my very soul on a daily basis anymore! Yay!

I learned how amazing my friends and family truly are. They put up with so much grief from me, it's ridiculous. Growing pains, I suppose, but they are all truly amazing to have hung in there with me. My boyfriend was a real source of strength for me through al of this, as well as my mother, son and so many of my friends. All of them seemed to know that something better was right around the corner, except me! Thanks so much to all of you!

I had some exciting freelance photography and design gigs...weddings and events. Fun times!

I upgraded my camera and lenses throughout the year, thanks to Craig.

My son developed a very noble goal that he is working extremely hard on. I have been watching in awe over his dedication and motivation. He has grown into a MAN pretty much overnight.

We were able to travel twice to CA to see Craig's band play. Had a blast both times!

I met some incredible people who I now consider friends for life on my trip to Tucson last May.

I finally saw some progress with my complaints of illegal alterations of my timesheets from my old job this week! When I told HR what was happening, they went to my department to correct it, but conveniently they just couldn't find anything wrong. HR then brought it (finally) to IT's attention. I received a check for 21 hours of stolen time that my managers had removed from my timesheets!

The year is ending on a very positive note. I look forward to 2008 being a year of extreme growth and happiness.

To celebrate New Year's Eve tonight, Craig took my mom and I to our favorite little Thai restaurant. I took the pic above of the Buddha there. I love looking at that happy little fella!

Happy New Year to you all! I hope 2008 is an amazing year for all of us!

No comments: